* Good Morning, New Paltz. Today is Tuesday, April 17th, and it is a B day. I am_____________________.
- And, Hello, New Paltz, I am _____________. Please stand for the pledge of allegiance.
(Pause before pledge)
- Thank you, please be seated.
- In Club News:
* Sign Language Club will be meeting today after school. Please join us in Rm 261- all are welcome!!
- Art Open Studio will meet today after school.
* There will be an environmental club meeting on Thursday after school in room 133. Letís get the Courtyard Gardens growing!
- NP Honor Society is hosting a blood drive on Thursday, April 19th from 11am -3:30 pm. You can still sign up for the BLOOD Drive!! See Mrs. S Costello today or sign up with Mrs. DiAmore in the Cafeteria. Donors need to be 16 or older. 16 year old donors need to have a completed permission form to donate. See Mrs. S Costello with any questions.
- In Class News:
* Sophomores and juniors! Are you interested in Health Information Technology and looking for a paid summer internship? Students can earn up to $2,000. Please see your counselor or Mr. Haas for an application. Applications are due May 1st.
- Juniors! This is a reminder to all students going to the prom on Friday. You must provide an emergency contact number to Mrs. Sutton by Thursday. This is very important! Groups of 10-12 people can reserve tables until tomorrow. There will be an after prom party at the Main St. Bistro from 11:30 until 2 am.
*It's about that time, for 'About that time', a hilarious new show from the producers of Beat of the Street!let's check it out!
-Thanks to coach Tegeler for the story! If any other teachers out there have a great story and want to be on About that time, please email Ms Cone!
- In Other News:
* The Maya Gold Foundation is offering scholarships designed for Hudson Valley sophomores and juniors who are committed to participate in a community service project. For more information, and to apply, go to mayagoldfoundation.org/apply
The Ulster County Board of Elections will be at the high school today, between the hours of 8-2 to conduct a voter registration drive. If you will be 18 years old by the end of this year please stop by their table in front of the nurseís office to register to vote. If you have any questions please ask Ms. Kiley.
- In Athletic News:
* Sport Filmers are needed for football, volleyball, soccer season and basketball teams. Service hours available. Full training available for free! See Ms Cone in room 119 to sign up.
- The weather forecast calls for a slight chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 47.
* For lunch today the staff is serving sticks of bread and sticks of mozzarella.
-April is Autism awarenss month. During this time, †people want to bring attention and awareness about the Autism Spectrum.
*One of the purposes of awareness month is to promote inclusion and self-determination for all, and assure that each person on the †autism spectrum is provided the opportunity to achieve the highest possible quality of life.
- And thatís today show.† For NPZ, I am ________.†
* And I am ____________________