*Good morning New Paltz! Today is Thursday, May 25, 2017. For NPZ I am ______________________.
-And, Hello, New Paltz, I am _______________. †Please stand for the pledge to the flag.
(pause before pledge)
- Thank you, please be seated.
* In Club News:
* Back by popular demand, Art in the Courtyard will run again today in the Courtyard after school. But since it might rain we will limit our event to making ROCK art paintings under the overhang near the athletic office. "Art does not reproduce what we see; rather it MAKES us see." Stop by and express yourself from 2:30 to 3:30 this Thursday!
-† Mathletes! Come order your Mathletes t-shirt...$14 for a long-sleeved t-shirt or $19 with your name on the back. Bring your orders and money to Ms. Stewart this week! Our next Mathletes meeting will be next Wednesday, May 31st!
* Attention Interact Club members going to the par clean-up today: Check with Mr. Castro today at the end of the school day if we are still going due to the weather.
* In Class News:
* Juniors who signed up for PIGLETS next year must complete the entrance essay on the door of 112.† Papers are due by Wednesday May 31st
- †Attention all students who are interested in running for a class office. Time is running out! Tomorrow is the last day to submit your statement of intent and your 25 signatures to your future class advisor. Freshmen should contact Ms. Petersen, sophomores should contact Ms. Sutton, and juniors should contact Ms. Masseo. See the junior class link on Ms. Sutton's website for more information.
* In Other News:
* 2 weeks left to preorder your yearbook - if you have not reserved your book, you may be out of a book.
- Attention all NPZ viewers and musicians!!! We need a jingle for the NPZ Morning Show. Please submit 15 second entries to Ms. Cone.† Entries must include the words NPZ and the Morning Show.† Make it catchy, creative and cool.
* Attention AP Economics students. Please return your AP Economics textbook so that you may receive your cap and gown for graduation.
- In Athletic News:
- Congratulations to Alex Cymbal, she fired an 89 at sectionals and finished in 4th place and qualified for the state tournament at Bethpage June 3rd. Alex's 89 was the third lowest score of the day.
* The Girls Football game will be held on June 12th, at 3:00, on the High School Football Field. Admission will be one dollar for students and two dollars for non-students. All proceeds will be given to the Grace Smith House, a local domestic abuse shelter located in Poughkeepsie.
- There will be a meeting on Tuesday, May 30th to 3:30, by the small gym for any girl interested in playing soccer in the Fall. Two packets will be given out. Please contact Coach Metzger if you have any questions.
* Todays weather forecast calls for some rain with a High near 58.
- For lunch today the staff is serving cheeeEEEEse pizza.
* And thatís today show.† For NPZ I am ________. †††††††††††
- And I am ___________. †Enjoy your long weekend, New Paltz.